View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 08:33 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Multi currency modul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Glassman
Just a quick question:
I deal with two main currencies (USD & CAD).

If my Canadian clients click on CAD, will their account be credited in CAD by PayPal?
Conversely, if my US clients click on USD, will their account be credited in USD by PayPal?

My site is currently only in USD and although I show the CAD conversion on the site, my Canadian clients still get charged in USD and some of them are annoyed by this (and some others have written to tell me that they won't buy from me until they can purchase in CAD).

Thanks for letting me know if your mod does this. If not, perhaps you can point me to something that could do the job. Thanks!!!

Mario

I've begun the work on the PayPal and gess what, it doesn't support non us or non uk businesses . So it will take a time untill I find a solution for it. And after I find I will work on it.
It won't be a problem to implement the multi currency in the paypal, but you have to be aware that PayPal charges you 2,5% for conversion, so it might be lot cheaper for your customers to pay in USD than to pay in CAD and than to you pay 2,5% for conversion in USD.

Can I ask you, how were you able to open an account on the US PayPal when you are from Canada?

virtual

Modules I made:
IP_Ranges
Multy_Currency
Order_Dates

Modules I use:
Fancycategory
Magnifier
Survey
AOM