View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 08:28 AM

Veteran

Default X-Payments fully functional free trial is limited - UPDATE: No, it is not.

Just a heads up on the free trial of X-Payments.

According to the X-Payments pricing page - http://www.x-cart.com/xpayments-pricing.html - the free trial is fully functional

Quote:
Do you offer a free trial?
Yes, we offer a fully functional 14-day free trial, during which you can test drive X-Payments to see if it's right for you. No credit card is needed to sign up and there's no obligation to purchase.

According to X-Cart support:
Quote:
At the moment you are using trial for X-Payments, that can be used only for testing purposes, not for the live transactions. I need to ask you to make a purchase before using your version for live orders.

I advised a client they can get this and see how it works on the site with orders for a few days and then decide to continue with subscription, downloadable or cancel. Bad move. And X-Payments actually doesn't work - it worked for about a day out of 4-5 days...

I guess I won't be doing this anymore.

QT - if the trial is fully functional it shouldn't matter if it works in test mode or live mode. Fully functional means there are no restrictions. If the trial can be used only in test mode you need to note this and tell customers who wants to give it a try. The way it is presented right now on the website is misleading.