View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Free X-Cart 4.2 skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcan
I won't be able to wait for a year we will lose revenue. I will upgrade once v5 is released and its stable. It says the v5.0 will be PA-DSS certified as far as I read in the forum. Also if they are really releasing it end of 2009 now. I believe it should be a stable version hopefully within month after the release

I recommend you to create your online store with X-Cart 4.2 (that has more useful features than 4.1.x has) unless you need a third-party add-on unavailable for 4.2. Although it has a few bugs, patches are already available and will be provided to you by our support staff upon your request.

There are X-Cart users not recommending 4.2 for live stores because they remember how many bugs had been found in 4.0.0 and 4.1.0 version. It is not the case for 4.2 and the list of known 4.2 bugs is very limited when compared to 4.0.0 and 4.1.0 versions.

X-Cart 4.2.0 has almost the same code base the most recent 4.1.x version has; the changes to the core functionality are minimal (4.0.0 has a new core when compared with 3.5.x, the same for 4.0.x->4.1.0). You can even say that 4.2.0 is 4.1.x with several new features and a css-based skin. The main reason why it is 4.2.0 and not 4.1.12 is our decision to not mix new features and bug-fixes in minor releases. All future 4.1.x versions will include bug-fixes only that will make applying of the patches much easier for you.