View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
I did that through my store, everything seemed to patch fine but when it was done it logged out and I could never log back in. If I looked at the database version it still showed 4.5.4 but the files were 4.5.5. So tried to figure out a way to manually upgrade the database, patched it but no, it still wouldn't work. You could log in as a customer but not as admin.

I finally threw in the towel, I figure I wasted a good 15 hours on it, plus $139 on a "hot rush" ticket which did basically nothing. Not real thrilled with this experience.

I see at least one other guy having the same problem on other threads so perhaps it's not just me.

When upgrading from X-Cart versions 4.5.4 or earlier to an X-Cart version 4.5.5 or later, one important feature of the upgrade process is that the file config.php has to be patched successfully. Otherwise the shop will not work after the upgrade.
If at the first step of the upgrade process you got an error notification regarding the file config.php, the error needs to be corrected before you proceed with the upgrade.
You can fix the problem as follows:
1) Temporarily remove any customizations you might have made to config.php.
2) Apply the upgrade/4.5.x-4.5.5/config.php.diff patch to your store manually (For more information, see http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:To_apply_a_patch_manually)
3) Obtain a new X-Cart 4.5.5 distribution pack and carefully transfer the changes from the config.php file contained in this distribution pack to the config.php in your store using a visual diff tool for file comparison like vimdiff. In transferring the changes you should be guided by upgrade/4.5.x-4.5.5/config.php.diff.
You can then go back to the first step of the upgrade process.

Could you provide us with your
var/upgrade/4.5.4-4.5.5/patch.log file ?