View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 08:27 AM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6 released

I don't want you to remove the new security features. Just don't have it all ON by default while installing/upgrading and allow - have a big red notice if you want in admin - setting them after all is installed and admin can login normally. You are not doing anyone any good by making it almost impossible to login in some cases (many by the way) after installation or upgrade, which makes everyone angry at QT....

Appreciate the respect really but I don't expect QT to change things just because of me or any other developer... it's not the way it works. But if you read the forum you will find not only me but many others complaining about this so... So a survey about it...

Another thing I forgot to mention yesterday - it is impossible (or I didn't see it) to generate these new security keys without re-generating the blowfish key. Which for an upgrade it is a must - the blowfish key has to stay the same as the live site and the security keys may need to be regenerated... Just one more thing to think about...