View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Charging extra shipping during summer months

Hello

I had X-cart add this mod for a site that I did for the same reason. I turn it off during the winter and turn it on the end of May.

Order # 536939142
Issue date: Jan 23 2007

Cost was $325 but I added a handling Fee charge at the same time that I can take off.

The Temperature Pack fee is stored in the order details and will be shown in the invoices, order email notifications and order details page for admin and customer.

We will re-implement this Temperature Pack feature on the fresh latest X-Cart version.

b) We will implement a new "Handling fee" feature on the latest X-Cart version.
This feature will work exactly as the "Temperature Pack" feature, i.e. we will implement the 2 additional global options:
- Enable Handling fee: [check box]
- Handling fee [input text box]
If the admin enables the Handling fee and specify a flat fee (ex. $5), then the "Handling fee" will be applied for all orders of all customers.
The Handling fee will be displayed in the Order Totals section in a separate line below the "Temperature Pack" line

For example:
Subtotal: $34.75
Temperature Pack: $0.00
Handling Fee: $5.00
Shipping: $0.00
TOTAL: $39.75

The Handling Fee fee is stored in the order details and will be shown in the invoices, order email notifications and order details page for admin and customer.

What I am saying X-cart has already made this and it works great.

X-cart Current version: 4.4.2
X-cart Current version: 4.4.1
X-cart Version 4.0.14
X-cart Version 4.1.6
Litecomm Version: 2.2.35
Operating System Linux
PHP Version 5.2.14
Apache/2.2.16 (Unix)
MySQL client version: 5.091