View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Head Template Logo Change

Exactly. When I added it originally I had the proper dimensions, but it was placed under the search bar/header. When I figured out how to move that down to keep my logo at the proper dimension, I overwrote the categories and bread crumbs and could no longer access. I've learned EXACTLY what you are telling me - the hard way. Touching one item here has so many other ramifications. Seems like a robust architecture, but it's also complex and poorly documented. As a former programmer I can say it's typical. Doc comes last.

I know I never touched the content container when I tried doing this last night. When I do, I think the categorie, search bar/header and other content will move down. Again, I'll try tonight. Not sure you can help me much more on this until I give that a go later tonight.

I'm contemplating buying a custom skin closer to what I really want and pray my notes on what I've changed (welcome text, etc) isn't lost in my language variables when I move to a new skin. Thank goodness I'm not in production yet. ha ha.

Thanks for your help. I'm new here and I've noticed you are VERY helpful experienced user sharing the wealth! The world needs more people like you.

Take care.

P.S. By the way my middle name is Alan. Apparently a name reserved for brilliant people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
It's been a long day sorry, so many people asking various things
No comments about colours (No worries)

Your Current Header Logo > http://www.keepsakes4kids.com/store/skin1/images/custom/logov1.jpg

Your header width you have set as Height 76, but your logo height is 150. You need to make sure header height is at least the same as your logo height..

Also your > #header .line1 .logo a img (That's holding your image is set at 76px (When your image is height 150....

In short it is scaling your image not to it's proper height because you have set height in the above to 76px..

The header is complex, in that there are quite a few css controlling various things on the header, in that you alter one, you have to alter another to control and compensate the edits you do..

Light and Lucid
No addons.