View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:42 PM

eXpert

Default Re: $subcat.product_count no longer works

Thanks for your help Steve - should it say "0 products" because I have set all product quantities to zero? I thought it would show "5 products" if there are five products in that subcategory, even though the quantity of each product is zero.

I currently have the following code:

Code:
<td class="P_Count">{$subcat.product_count} {$lng.lbl_product}{if $subcat.product_count ne 1}s{/if}
Code:
{if $config.Appearance.count_products eq "Y"} {if $subcat.product_count} { $subcat.product_count } {$lng.lbl_product}{if $subcat.product_count > 1}s{/if} {elseif $subcat.subcategory_count}{ $subcat.subcategory_count } {$lng.lbl_categories|lower}{/if}{/if}</td>

Nothing from {if $config.Appearance.count_products eq "Y"} onwards works, even though it's turned on in the Control Panel.

And if I put

Code:
{if $subcat.product_count}{$subcat.product_count}{$subcat.product_count} {$lng.lbl_product}{if $subcat.product_count ne 1}s{/if}{/if}

it doesn't work. Why is that? Is it because $subcat.product_count has a value of zero? I thought it was counting the number of products, not product quantities.