View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 08:15 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

Viejo, the module currently implements the category id in the url, so that X-Cart's speed doesn't change much (if any). I do intend to release a more "intensive" version of XC SEO at a later date, that will focus on truncating ALL urls so that they no longer need the category/product id, etc. Similar to CD SEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viejo
Intel352: What a great contribution to the forum. I set it up on a 4.1.3 that I'm building and it works just great! Can't thank you enough.

Been looking at the rewritten url for categories. In a large store there may be so many similar products in a category (or in the store for that matter) that a simple url (www.somesite.com/sweaters/great-sweater.html) will confict at some point. The categories shouldn't, I would think, and the category page is very often a landing page on our sites. We SEO them and bring visitors there instead of to a specific product page (unless it's a ppc visitor).

What do you think of adding a todo for an option in your module that truncates the category rewrites to just the category name, i.e. www.somesite.com/sweaters.html ?