View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Issues with Firetanks Tracking Sys in Marketing Manager

Ok,

I thought I would post back to this thread to let folks know there is a resolution to the issue of not seeing info for anyone visiting your site as I had posted above.

I have always seen one or two folks visiting the site have some snippet of info missing in the pop up details for a person visiting the site. It is the simple nature of the beast as far as browser settings, protection software or even firewall settings, but never had I seen such a huge explosion of zero info, or not know what page was being visited on such a large number of people before.

We kept watching, had little feedback from people which may be a result of either no one knowing what to say, or what to check, or simply not visiting this category of threads much.

Anyhow, after a lot of frustration, and a few communications with FireTank tech support, reviewing data etc, we found all of the people with zero data being shown were using the newest browser release from IE.

We thought we would provide FireTank with this info, and for what ever reason they had dropped by the site poking around looking for what they could see and offered this little tid bit of info to try, and see if this change made any sort of results for the better.

As per instructions when installing and setting up the Marketing Manager Mod, you are told to set up the links as follows:

Code:
../track.js ../mm_tmon_script.php

Note the placement of the two points in front of the leading slash pointing to the root.

We were asked to change our references to the following, removing the two points in front of the leading slash:

Code:
/track.js /mm_tmon_script.php

The reason they offered this info, was they also knew we had recently installed the new CDSEO Pro mod, and had to make a different change in another mod to allow it to operate normally in concert with the new links being used.

I would like to report I have not seen a single detailed pop up with zero details at all from the time this small change was implemented to this point. We also see what page is being visited at all times. ALL visitors now have their respective info being shown as it did prior to the installation of the CDSEO Pro mod.

I did not think the addition of the CDSEO Pro mod would effect the Marketing Manager Pro's tracking mod as it did, and quite frankly, I do not think anyone else did either, but I thought I would let others know that the tracking capabilities are as good as they always have been in the past now the change has been implemented, and if you too are seeing missing info or fetails and are not sure why, you may be missing these stats due to the installation of CDSEO Pro.

So, a formal thanks to the tech support at FireTank for the heads up, and hopefully others will find this little change helpful if they are missing info in the detailed pop ups for visitors on their site.