View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 07:40 PM

X-Adept

Default Issues with Firetanks Tracking Sys in Marketing Manager

Has anyone else begun to see blanks popping in and out of the store with absolutely no info available for anything when a user is on the site?

For example if a particular user for an IP shows up on a page, usually the tracking in Marketing Manager will allow you to see how they are viewing the site, where they are from, what browser they use etc.

Even where they came from like the referrer.

This issue began about a week ago, I began to see someone come to the site (different ip addresses), could not tell what page they landed on, nor could I see any details when I opened a pop up window to view their properties.

Now, it is almost as if there is always users on the site that I cannot read anything about them at all.

It seems as if there has been some sort of update to a browser (IE Probably) that totally removes the ability of our tracking capabilities within Marketing Manager and other statistic software or scripts.

It has jumped from a single user within a few hours to almost half of the users on the site at all times.

In the past people with firewalls etc could block referrers or small amount of info, but in no way would it block absolutely everything. What ever it is they are using now, almost every aspect of their surfing is anonymous and you cannot see anything but an IP address.

Has anyone else seen this and know what it is?

Can we override this?

It makes the tracking for Marketing Manager and other statistics type scripts almost useless to us now.