View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 07:15 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: ez-Upsell & variant thumbnail images - 4.1.3

I gave this another hour...

Here's what I determined:

1. In product.tpl, products.tpl and cart.tpl, all the thumbnail code is essentially the same (and related)...

product.tpl:
product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].tmbn_url

products.tpl:

cart.tpl:

However, in ezupsell, the thumbnail code is very different:
Quote:
ezupsell:
product=$product_info.product tmbn_url=$product_info.tmbn_url

Is this a remnant from 4.0.x that just happens to work with 4.1? Since the php file is encrypted, I can't get in there... Please enlighten me! I am FAR from an expert at smarty, so sometimes I am simply guessing... but in this case, I have been very successful moving segments of code around, and my gut tells me this should work, if the php file could be edited...

Issue #2: adding the option/variant name to the "You have added 1 "_product-name_" to your shopping cart." --- I tried to bring in the same code used in the cart.tpl

Code:
{if $products[product].product_options ne ""} {include file="modules/Product_Options/display_options.tpl" options=$products[product].product_options} {/if}
... and this doesn't do anything.

Of course, in cart.php, there is a defined array... is that what's missing? If this is a "Jon must modify 'added.php' or else you won't be able to do anything..." ?

I'm learning lots about how things fit here... so I don't consider this time wasted -- BUT I would like to know if I'm banging my head into a brick wall... doesn't this seem like an obvious and almost REQUIRED function of ez-Upsell to be compatible with 4.1 and how it handles variants and variant images?

Thanks to anyone who can contribute.

Jeremy