View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 09:03 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6 released

I want so much to file this as bug but I have the feeling the answer will be - this is how it is designed to work...

For quite some time now there is "quick search" in admin - top right corner. According to the help popup - it allows you to do quick search on products, orders and users. I never used that and I did not think anyone is actually seriously using it.

Well today I had a client told me their newly upgraded cart from 4.2.0 to 4.6.1 shows incorrect product count, prices and quantities when they search for products in admin. So I did a search and everything shows properly. The screenshot they send me though reveals they used the "quick search" to search for a product by entering a keyword. According to the popup help the products search is on productid, sku and product title so let's disregard the incorrect number of products returned - since the search doesn't search in description like the normal search.

But the incorrect price and quantity - this quick search searches only products table. Well we all know when you have variants product quantity, weight and price is being replaced by the variants. Not to mention that each variant has its own sku - which means if you search by variant sku you get no results.

Since this is not explained in the quick search popup help I can safely assume (just like my client) that this search should return products with correct quantity and price. If the quick search was intended to search products table only please specify in its help or better yet - remove it from there. This quick search is useless on products with variants.

So to me this should be either recoded to do proper product search or product search removed from the quick search. I think there is plenty of time to get this done with 4.6.2 release... Maybe not a bug but it is a broken functionality if you ask me...