View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:15 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by candc
We have resolved all the errors now, but I am not sure it has all worked correctly.

The time period is not showing, and the only popups that I can get working is the size guide and the top notification bar.

I have tried redoing the upgrade patche and am getting this error.

SQL PATCH FAILED AT QUERY:
ALTER TABLE xcart_popups ADD `start_date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `is_enabled`

And then a DB SQL error
SQL query : ALTER TABLE xcart_popups ADD `start_date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `is_enabled` Error code : 1060 Description : Duplicate column name 'start_date' Request URI: /admin/patch.php
All a bit of a mess

There is an uninstall patch, but still get errors. Is there a particular sequence the patches need applying after uninstalling?

There is also 2 popup anywhere modules listed on the modules page.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Quote:
The time period is not showing,

Do you mean time period on the 'Pop-ups management' page or on 'Pop-up settings' page?
If you mean 'Pop-ups management' then please check if you have 'txt_popup_status_period' language variable.
If it's absent then please apply this SQL via 'Apply SQL patch' section:
REPLACE INTO xcart_languages SET code='en', name='txt_popup_status_period', value='availability period: {{start_date}} - {{end_date}}', topic='Text';
Or simply insert new language variable with the name 'txt_popup_status_period' and value='availability period: {{start_date}} - {{end_date}}'.

Quote:
I have tried redoing the upgrade patche and am getting this error.
SQL errors about duplicate column mean that patch was already applied. There is nothing to do special to change it. Please, do not apply sql-patches for module once again

Quote:
the only popups that I can get working is the size guide and the top notification bar.

Please check the 'Show in period' on 'Pop-up settings' page. Are the dates actual?

Quote:
There is also 2 popup anywhere modules listed on the modules page.
I've tried to reproduce somehow this issue, but with no success: SQL doesn't allow me to insert two rows into xcart_modules with module_name='Popup_Anywhere'. So I couldn't say exactly the reason of this issue. To fix it you can delete one of rows (via Phpmyadmin or mysql console): there is no link between module_id and module availability, just the 'module_name' value is important.

----

What is the current state of the module in your store?

If the module still doesn't working, you can post a new ticket via HelpDesk and we will sort it out for you.

The "Advanced Customer Reviews", "Root Categories" and "Pop-up Anywhere" author