View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 11:45 AM

X-Adept

Default Keeping track of number of e-goods downloads

I've added a bit to the customer/dowload.php file to track the number of successful downloads for each download key. First I added a number_downloads (tinyint,not null,default 0) field to my xcart_download_keys table. Then I modified my customer/downloads.php file to update the count after a file is successfully downloaded. The code below was already a heavily modified version of the customer/download.php page before I added the download counter code...the original version supplied with x-cart didn't work for me...note, that this is for xcart version 3.3.1, but might work with newer releases, you'll have to decide that for yourself.

Code:
<? /*****************************************************************************\ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | X-Cart | | Copyright (c) 2001-2002 Ruslan R. Fazliev. All rights reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | The Ruslan R. Fazliev forbids, under any circumstances, the unauthorized | | reproduction of software or use of illegally obtained software. Making | | illegal copies of software is prohibited. Individuals who violate copyright | | law and software licensing agreements may be subject to criminal or civil | | action by the owner of the copyright. | | | | 1. It is illegal to copy a software, and install that single program for | | simultaneous use on multiple machines. | | | | 2. Unauthorized copies of software may not be used in any way. This applies | | even though you yourself may not have made the illegal copy. | | | | 3. Purchase of the appropriate number of copies of a software is necessary | | for maintaining legal status. | | | | DISCLAIMER | | | | THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY Ruslan R. Fazliev ``AS IS'' AND ANY | | EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED | | WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE | | DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Ruslan R. Fazliev OR ITS | | CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, | | EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, | | PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; | | OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, | | WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR | | OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF | | ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. | | | | The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ruslan R. Fazliev. | | Portions created by Ruslan R. Fazliev are Copyright (C) 2001-2002 | | Ruslan R. Fazliev. All Rights Reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ \*****************************************************************************/ # # $Id: download.php,v 1.11 2002/12/03 07:53:51 matr Exp $ # # This module adds support for downloading electronicaly distributed goods # require "../smarty.php"; require "../config.php"; if (empty($id)) exit(); $query = "SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[download_keys] WHERE download_key = '$id'"; $res = func_query_first($query); $number_downloads=$res['number_downloads']+1; # If there is corresponding key in database and not expired if ((count($res) > 0) AND ($res['expires'] > time())) { # check if there is valid distribution for this product $productid = $res['productid']; $result = func_query_first("SELECT distribution, product, provider FROM $sql_tbl[products] WHERE productid = '$productid'"); $distribution = $result['distribution']; $provider = $result['provider']; if (empty($provider) || $single_mode){ //echo "provider empty or single mode: ".$files_dir_name."/$provider".$distribution; //$distribution = $files_dir_name.$distribution; $distribution = $files_dir_name."/$provider".$distribution; }else{ //echo $files_dir_name."/$provider".$distribution; $distribution = $files_dir_name."/$provider".$distribution; } if ($fd = fopen ($distribution, "r")){ # # Bugfix - content corrupted # $contents = addslashes($contents); # $size=filesize($distribution); $fname = basename ($distribution); //This is some really weak code I used just to redirect to the file before I fixed //this problem //echo " size: $size"; //echo " fname: $fname"; //header("Location: $distribution"); //fclose ($fd); //exit; header("Pragma: "); header("Cache-Control: "); header("Content-type: application/octet-stream"); header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"".$fname."\""); header("Content-length: $size"); while(!feof($fd)) { $buffer = fread($fd, 2048); print $buffer; } fclose ($fd); $query="UPDATE $sql_tbl[download_keys] SET number_downloads='$number_downloads' WHERE download_key='$id'"; db_query($query); exit; }else { # If no such distributive $smarty->assign("product", $result['product']); $smarty->display("modules/Egoods/no_distributive.tpl"); exit; } } else { $smarty->display("modules/Egoods/wrong_key.tpl"); exit; } ?>
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.