View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 01:07 PM

Angry XC5 Import Routine Slowing

Testing out X-Cart 5 (Business version, 5.1.9) and am trying out the import routine. Needless to say, the results are not encouraging.

After getting past the hurdle that you cannot auto-create product classes by importing an attributes file that references them (it just locks up on import, no error given), I was able to do an initial import of categories and attributes.

Importing products, I started with a small subset of our total product inventory - 5000 SKUs. We have over 55,000 total so this is a pretty small number for us.

The import is running now, and the results aren't encouraging. Every 100 items imported takes longer than the last 100 did. For example, for the first 1000 items, it was taking about 10-15 seconds per 100. The second 1000, that number went up to close to 30 seconds per 100. Now, 22 minutes into the import, it is around item 4000, taking over a minute to import 100 items, with the time steadily increasing. If I were trying to import all 55,000 items it would never finish - by my calculations by the time it gets out to 50k+ items, each 100 items will take over 10 minutes to run.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? The fact that it is steadily increasing leads me to believe there is a resource leak somewhere.

I'm attaching a small subset csv, just to rule out an error in how I've set up the file.
Attached Files
File Type: csv products-2015-01-08-subset.csv (5.4 KB, 277 views)