View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 05:38 PM

Hi Mustang,

Quote:
My only problem is with the phone orders that are received. I'd like to allow either anonymous checkout or username checkout for these orders, since many of these people do not have email addresses. Maybe even use their telephone number as the username for these orders!

So what you are saying is that people without email addresses uses their phone as primary contact? If that is the case, you don't need this mod. I wouldn't recommend using their telephone number as the username as people's number do change. To X-Cart, the username is the primary and unique key so you don't want to change that very often if possible.

However, if you want to still use email without the username with customers , you can make a small adjustment to the login procedure to allow customers to login from email (for your email customers) or phone instead (for your phone customers). In registration, you may want to add a check to see if the customer enters a phone, then email is not necessary as a required field or vs. versa. I would still keep the username hidden and use the system to generate a unique id so not to confuse the customer. Let me know if this helps.

~x-light