View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 09:46 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Looking for template personalization/design service

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomodern
Good point. And I suppose my question is...how long does it take to make design changes in xcart? Not in hours (obviously) but say, for example, the look/feel of the megamenus changed, or the way the product slideshow changed, or a change of the mobile site layout (some elements hidden) is it a lengthy process? Or one that might take a day & cost x amount?

I think Im realising that some things in xcart are very difficult to modify, & design is one. And thats not the developers, but just the way xcart is. The problem is that in many ways its a great back end....but its front end is pretty pedestrian. Im not sure what the absolute experts can get out of it, or whether the experience Ive had so far of some design things just not working properly &/or breaking other bits when changed is just part of the limitations.

Difficult to be candid here, I know.. but it would be really good to know what xcart can NOT do. Every system has its limits, the problems come when you dont know what they are.

It really depends on what you want to change. As long as you don't touch the store logic and database, you should basically need to deal with view classes and twig files, which shouldn't take so much time and efforts. However, the price of templates seem to indicate otherwise...

One thing xcart can't do: go javascript-free. Aside from that, I guess it "can" handle "pretty much everything", once one knows the right way to do it...