View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 09:05 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Cart reBOOT (reDUX) Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
@nauticalstyle, you can include that widget anywhere with the following Smarty code...
Code:
{include file="custom/widgets/widget_category_grid.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_categories align="center"}
Or, explain in a bit more detail what you want to achieve...

Thanks Phil,
You say the simple category grid widget can be included "anywhere" with that code. Like when it's included in a home_style_X.tpl (reference your post from June 17). The result is similar to the categories grid displayed when I hover over the (Combo menu) Categories menu. The difference being the widget produces a four column display and the mouseover produces a a six column display (without the Categories title).

So, getting back to your post of June 17, wherein you attached the modified promo_hero.tpl and provided a link to the latest minor update, which included the new categories grid widget, I didn't understand what the modified promo_hero.tpl was supposed to do or how to test it ("only on mobiles").

It's the (Combo menu) Categories mouseover event that I'm interested in. How is that mouseover event captured and how is the code that produces the categories grid launched? Is it in Smarty, JS, or both? If I can understand that, I was thinking I could use the same code to display the Categories grid when a mouseover event occurs on a Slider Image link or a Hero Image link.

How does does promo_hero.tpl and the categories grid widget play a role in this?
X-Cart reBOOT (reDUX) Template 4.7.12.5 (in development)