View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 07:41 PM

Default Advanced Subscribe/Unsubscribe Mod

I implemented this on my older site and now that Im building a new site I thought it would be nice to share this mod. This mod tested on 3.3.7 and 3.4.9

You can see it in action here: http://www.boomboombap.com/shop/customer/help.php?section=optout

new file help/optout.tpl

Code:
{* $Id: optout.tpl,v .5 2003/24/11 06:55:20 BoomBoomBap Exp $ *} <table cellpadding=3><tr><td>Newsletter Subscription Preference From this page you may easily subscribe to or unsubscribe from the (YOUR COMPANY NAME) Newsletter. </td></tr></table> {capture name=dialog} <table cellpadding=3><tr><td> Join the mailing list to receive advance notice of new additions, sales, specials, discounts and more. Unsubscribe anytime by returning to this page. <form action="../mail/subscribe.php" method=get name=subscribeform2> <input type="text" name="email" size="10"> <input type="submit" value="Subscribe" onClick="javascript:document.subscribeform2.submit()"> <input type=hidden name=redirect value="{$redirect}"> </form> </td></tr></table> {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_subscribe content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {capture name=dialog} <table cellpadding=3><tr><td> You may unsubscribe from the (YOUR COMPANY NAME) Newsletter by entering your mailing address below. All unsubscribe requests are immediately and automatically processed by the system. You can resubscribe to the newsletter by returning to this page. <form action="../mail/unsubscribe.php" method=get name=unsubscribeform> <input type="text" name="email" size="10"> <input type="submit" value="Unsubscribe" onClick="javascript:document.unsubscribeform.submit()"> <input type=hidden name=redirect value="{$redirect}"> </form> </td></tr></table> {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_unsubscribe content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"}

edit file help/index.tpl add:
Code:
{elseif $section eq "optout"} {include file="help/optout.tpl"}

edit file help/general.tpl add anywhere:

AND/OR edit file /news.tpl add:

AND/OR edit file /help.tpl add:

If you want to take it further you can take all the text and store it in the database but for my own purposes it's not necessary.

Enjoy!

Site 2 > XCART LIVE 4.0.17