View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 02:35 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Features Missing From X-Cart 5 (that are in XC4)

Hello, thank you for your feedback, it is very important. Let me give some answers, roadmap and deadlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark N
Personally I import as little as possible using the actual import routine and use SQL inserts to achieve most of the big lifting - for example, I feed a small CSV file with basic product info (SKU, price, description, category) but then use SQL to build and assign attributes, product images, and related products because it just isn't practical to use the import routine for these. For example, right now I have over 400 different attributes I use over 36 classes. And in the case of the related products, as far as I know there actually isn't an import routine at all.

Your are right, Import/Export feature is not ideal as we planned and we have several points to improve it: show the progress in verified and imported items (not in seconds), support related products and improve the speed of the process.

The images importing slows the whole process and we have some ideas to improve it. For this moment we recommend to import the products first and on the second stage import only product images. Especially if the images are located on the other server: system needs to download it, verify and save for different resolution. Yes, this process cannot be too fast.

About classes and attributes. We tried to provide the solution where all the product related fields are shown in one row within this product. That's why the system place each attribute in separated column. I see, that if you have a lot of classes and different attributes it is too difficult to work with product.csv.

As solution we will implement the functionality to do not import Classes and Product-Specific attributes in product.csv (but Global will be imported anyway). And create the separate "attributes-values.csv" file in the format like this.
ProductSKU - AttributeName - OptionName - OptionValue - Default - PriceModified - WieghtModifier

So, as a result your able to define all attributes in separate file.

Quote:
The ability to change ANYTHING on an order from the admin screen. Can't change the order product, the shipping method, the shipping address...

This is important feature. We will start working on it straight sway after we finish fulfillment order statuses. We need to integrate this major changes first.

Quote:
Ability to have hidden products

Actually, you can do it right now, even the product do not have this status. Create the category and disable it. Assign this category with the product which you would like to be hidden. As a result this product will be available only via search result page or direct URL.

Quote:
The central search bar on the admin screen, where you can quickly look up a product/order/customer/whatever regardless of what page you are on

I like this feature in XC4 very much too. This is in our roadmap. Unfortunately it will not be in 5.1 official release, we are planning to release it later.

Quote:
Extra fields that do not appear on the product page (used for a multitude of purposes, the largest for me being data I feed to product feed sites like Google Shopping)
Shipping markups on real-time calculated shipping (FedEx, UPS, etc.)

These features will be available in next 5.1.x minor versions.