View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 09:01 AM

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum, and I'm looking for a good URL rewrite program. I've read quite a few posts about CDSEO, DSEFU, and just recently X-Cart-SEO. I'm leaning a bit more towards CDSEO, but thought that I would write down what it is that I need, and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Also, is there anywhere I can look to see the features and benefits for X-Cart-SEO?

So, basically I have a store that carries approximately 3000 products. I need a way to rewrite all the URL's automatically based on either the page title or category/product name. In a nutshell, I want to have keyword-rich, hyphenated URL's, but I don't want to have to manually type in 3000 unique URL strings for each page. I don't plan on using the HTML catalog function that already comes with X-Cart. Ideally, I'd like to define a standard structure that I want to use for each string, then have a program auto-gen each URL, if possible. I also want the ability to change my page title structure so I can remove the "::" and replace with either a "|" or "-". Finally, if I can have the ability to modify the page titles and metadata for each product page, then that would be awesome!

Thanks!