View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:23 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro do we still need it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
I would have to disagree on this point Phil, from what I have seen there are "on-page" issues with standard X-Cart SEO (do ask Jon about these if you like, if you can't spot them yourself).

However I do agree with you, that "on-page" is not the be-all and end-all of SEO... "Off-Page" does account largely for traffic volume, while social media links are also becoming as important or even more important for driving traffic and ranking positions, than "on-page" can ever hope to anymore alone by itself.

Cheers - Asiaplay

I've been pointing out X-Cart's SEO short comings for almost a decade, and in time X-Cart seems to follow and correct my criticisms. Indeed there are still issues in X-Cart and CDSEO v2.0 which is nearing completion will provide more improvements as well as additional functionality.

Google has over 200 ranking factors and indeed CDSEO is only one piece of the puzzle. xCMS was created as a companion to CDSEO to help facilitate SEO content, authorship integration, news, videos, etc. Again, xCMS is a tool to be used as a part of your overall SEO and SEM strategy.

You can find some helpful tutorials at: http://www.websitecm.com/x-cart-tutorials/x-cart-seo/