View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 08:16 PM

Default X-Cart Catalog .. Possibility of having multiple catalogs within one store?

Hi X-Cart,

This might be a slightly strange question, but advice on it is needed for our current project.

Currently, we have an supplier with many products with different price points and availablity depending on an specific region in the world. For contract purposes, we cannot sell X region within another region, so we need to be able to allow users to purchase from specific catalogs based on their location.

- The location discovery is already handled with our API integration with MaxMind (great partner!)

- The multi-catalogs is where we are hitting a problem. I realize this will require custom work, which isn't a worry, but we just want to see if anybody experienced something like this in the past.

Let me provide a few examples:

1. We sell 1,000 products .. Each catalog contains the EXACT same products, except with different languages and price points.

2. When a customer comes from the UK for example, we need the products and content on the page to pull from the UK catalog.

3. When a customer comes from the US for example, we need the products and content on the page to pull from the US catalog.

Same payment gateway (with exception of different currency is already handled via Braintree).

Any advice or thoughts would be great.

Thanks,
Ryan
Braintree
Popup Anywhere
Abandoned Cart Reminder
Cloud Backup
Kayako Integration
Rich Google Search Results
Pin Code/License Key
Remember Me