View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 08:10 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maildodge
Thanks for replying, I do have that ticked already.

It also only returns the 1 product if searching for "shirt"!?

Ouch - didn't notice that. If you haven't already tried to re-build the search database, I'd give that a shot. If you have, the only other thing I can think of is that maybe 'shirt' has been detected as a noise-word on your website because it's present in so many product descriptions/titles.

From the manual:

Quote:
Every word that matches your search query in your product titles, descriptions, and keywords (only in X-Cart 4.1.x) is
weighted according to its significance. Consequently, a search word that is present in many product descriptions or titles has
a lower weight (and may even have a zero weight).

AND

Quote:
To enhance the standard search results, any word found in your product descriptions or titles 50% of the time falls into the
50% threshold. These words are then treated as noise-words and excluded from the search query. This threshold greatly
improves the relevancy of the search.

I'm guessing that's where the term is getting tripped up. I'm not sure if there is any way to disable that function, but you could check the 'modules/Smart_Search/smart_search_config.php' files to see if 'shirt' is listed in the 'Special Stop Word List'. I'm not sure if it discounts the word when building the database or adds it there, so give it a look. Other than that, you'll probably need to contact Bill directly to see how you can avoid 'shirt' being discounted to zero relevancy in searches.