View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 09:06 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Issues with Firetanks Tracking Sys in Marketing Manager

Someone must have had a fire sale on protection software then lmao.

I have used your software for years now, and I have never had so many people and the count is climbing that is not readable.

All we see is ip address, nothing more, period.

Even in the past when someone used security software we seen more. We seen browser type, we seen referrer, we seen something.

Now we see nothing.

I have watched the number steadily climb to now at the minimum of one quarter of the people on the site at the same time, and on a consistent 24 hr basis.

I really do not think this is a simple bot problem, these ip's are people... Tthere cannot be that many bots on the site at the same time all of the time (24/7)

We do have bots hit, but even they leave some sort of track or trace. This is a ZERO info type of hit to the site.

Statistics software does not pick them up, I am sure sales and stats dose not pick them up, but for some reason most folks either do not pay attention to this thread, do not use the mod and have no input, or have no clue as to what it is themselves.

I just thought it was strange it happened so fast, and almost overnight jumping from one or two per week with little info shown in their tracking stats, to one quarter of the people at all times and their having NO info period.

We have seen little traffic change, our sales are steady and good, we have had no fraudulent activity, so I am not sure what to pin it to exactly,

If the mod was misconfigured, we would have no info for anyone, but we do read most people and their stats.

It has to be some sort of browser security release, security program or something that has been released recently to cause this.

We use MM tracking all of the time, and it sux that our stats are trashed now because it is no longer a small number of people (one or two per month) to this huge number all the time.

I was hoping we could find others that seen this spike as well and try to find what the culprit is.

It cannot be good for ANY tracking software or scripts.

I am not trying to dis MM's tracking script, just trying to see what is causing the blindness it is now experiencing.

I am tempted to install sales and stats myself to see how many people are showing blank stats. I am sure it is the same number....

It is aggravating not knowing what page their on, what they are doing, or where they came from, lol.