View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 12:08 PM

X-Adept

Default How to delete stubborn X-Cart directories.

How to delete stubborn X-Cart directories.

I also posted most of this info in the other Smarty Templates & PHP topic I saw, but I fogot to mention one thing about WSFTP. You may have noticed a square white box in the WSFTP user interface just below the MkDIR button when you're browsing your FTP directories. If you enter the following characters without the quotes, it will list EVERYTHING in the directory, including hidden files: "-a".

For everyone's info...you cannot delete any files that are generated by PHP (eg: templates_c) because the file and directory owner are set to the Apache user "nobody" by default. The only way to delete such files is either to have root access to your server, which few people do, or to write a PHP script to delete the files. Usually, you can delete the files you need to delete through X-Cart's template editor or file manager, but if X-Cart is broken, then you're out of luck. In that case you'll need to change the name of the directory you can't delete (which you usually CAN do, even if you're not the owner) and make a new directory with the right name, CHMOD it to whatever you want and then fill it up with whatever you need to. Your other option is to call your ISP and ask them to delete the file(s)/folder(s).

I think the X-Cart folks might be wise to include a separate file manager script with X-Cart for this specific purpose, although you can grab an excellent one from www.hotscripts.com.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.