View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 06:21 AM

X-Man

See now that's the way to do it. Quite a few of the developers out there have hacked up the checkout so it works like that, it's much friendlier

X-cart should definately take note. They keep adding stuff but they never seem to refine what's needed. I'd trade all of the new features in x-cart 4.0 for a version of 3.5.X that was cleaned up it's of more value to both myself and my customers.

X-cart is great feature wise, but they've still not learnt to stop adding features and concentrate on the more important parts, there's still loads in x-cart that's been neglected in favour of adding another feature.

Areas that immediately jump to mind are:

- Custom Invoice and dispatch note printing that's easy for the *admin* to change

- Lable printing that's actually got a use

- Cleaner less clunky customer registration that doesnt fit everything everything onto one screen (these things put customers off)

- Friendlier Login screen with easy redirection to the page they came from or to one chosen by the admin

- Quit with the use of programmer terminology (example "Credit card checksum is wrong"... use words like "credit card number is not valid")

- CVV2 portion needs help links by default

- *cough* "your order is being processed in white screen unformatted times text" *cough*

- While the product screens in x-cart were reformatted to break them up they've managed to make product population that use those fields complete torture, it's far far far far too slow

- A check out like jons modification as standard or at least give the option of "nice checkout" or "original checkout"

Anyway nice work Jon.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X