View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 03:13 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Ability to select shipping carrier for tracking numbers

floyd_2:

Thank you for your input. I knew that the URL for the multiple tracking numbers for Canada Post was different. What I choked on was the separation of the 2, or 3, or more tracking numbers.
I'll try %0d%0a.
Now, if I wanted to replace the
Quote:
<INPUT type="text" name="tracking" size="28" value="{$order.tracking}">

in the main/history_order.tpl with <textarea>, and then put the numbers on separate lines, how would we represent the split by line in the <textarea> tag? Would we still use the %0d%0a?
If so, than exactly how?
I've tried multiple "solutions", mainly javascript that are floating out there, but nothing seems to split the text by line breaks.
So, although I have in the text area:

the numbers get concatenated when the input gets to CPC tracking page and we get an error

To answer your question "Who actually looks at the tracking numbers", my customers do - more and more frequently, they use tracking numbers to locate their shipments, given the poor performance of CPC lately (misdirected and late shipments). In the past week alone, I've had 3 customers complaining about not getting their complete orders, although all their boxes would've been shipped at the same time. This is particularly so with heavy boxes - orders that consists of 2 boxes, one 5 lbs and one 55 lbs. Mysteriously, only the light box would be delievered on time, and the heavy one would get left behind

Thanks.
AquasanaCanada.com - Aquasana╝ - #1 Rated Water Filters in America!
X-CART GOLD 4.4.5 Live
CDSEO Pro v. 1.8.4
AquasanaMontreal.com
Aquasana╝ & Rhino Water Filtration Systems