View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 01:29 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 5 beta testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeBoeDog
1. In my opinion the best 3rd party module developers are BCS Engineering and Website CM. Have you got feedback from them on the support for this new venture. We have integrated modules into x cart 4 and would love to have them work on x cart 5 when the release is live.

We would love to have them work on XC5 too and will definitely contact them and discuss possible options

Quote:
2. X-Cart Module (4.6) - Will all the modules installed migrate into the new x cart 5? Example : Refine filters, Abandon cart, cloud backup, and all others

I beleive there will be similar modules for X-Cart 5, but it may take some time for their developers to adapt the code to the completely different architecture of XC5.

Quote:
3. Migration - I understand you are working on a migration tool but how will you migrate customers onto this platform that have lots of custom work and also product feeds. Will you be offering a service to do this?

Migrating the website design and custom features will definitly require a manual work. We will offer such a service. Moreover, if you purchase the service from us you you will get the XC4->XC5 license exchange for free.

Quote:
When you release this new version of x-cart will you be upgrading the support system you currently have. I think it would be a very good idea to have a support team here in the USA that people can contact and speak to on the phone. If you want to capture the US market and compete with the other platforms you really need to add US support to make it easy for people to ask questions and fix issues. Just a thought.

Having US support is a good idea. Unfortunately, I can't give you any time frames for this.

It's 2am there, so we need to get some sleep now But we will surely look through all your messages and will reply tomorrow.

Thanks!