View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Missing Checkout Button (this might help)

IT WORKS!! Thanks so much!!

So, just to recap:
It now appears that X-cart is recognizing X-Payments/Paypal Payments Pro as a valid payment method even if the chron feature necessary for the X-Payments Subscription module has not been configured (which, in my case it has not yet been), and will now show the checkout button.

Thanks again!

p.s. It should also be noted that upon viewing the cart, I notice that "Paypal Express Checkout" remains visible as a checkout option for this subscription product. I guess the next logical question is: Will Paypal's Express Checkout backend recognize that this is a subscription and recharge the customer at the specified interval? In my situation, the reason this product exists at all is to provide an ALTERNATE subscription option for those customers who DON'T want to go through Paypal and would rather use their credit/debit card. It's unlikely, therefore, that someone who has made it this far in the checkout process will click on Paypal Express as an option, but perhaps a fine tuning of the process should disable the"Paypal Express Checkout" as a payment option when it comes to subscription products. Just a suggestion!