View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 01:12 PM

Advanced Member

Default Payment Capture Issues

Hello,

I've seen this on a number of hardware platforms hosting the X-Cart 5.x software and X-Payments using a credit card authorization with a delayed capture. It appears the X-Cart provides duplicate transaction ID's (they are called a transaction ID on the X-Cart while in X-Payments, they are called order or reference ID's, depending on what page you are viewing). Unfortunately when the duplicate transaction ID is submitted during an authorization, you cannot go back and capture the funds from the X-Cart, instead you have to locate the order in X-Payments and capture it there. When you do attempt to capture the order from the X-Cart, you get the following error:

Code:
Error:Operation failed. X-Payments error (code: 849) Payment "xxx-some-number-xxx" has not open (non-captured) pre-authorized transactions

Originally I observed this bug intermittently in a self-hosted X-Payments 1.0.6 installation and when support said it was because X-Payments was so old, we upgraded to the hosted version and the problem continued. It appears this issue has existed for sometime but it appears to not have been fixed (see https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=350542).

I suspect this is a general bug / design flaw where they use the transaction ID as a unique identifier but do nothing to make sure the transaction ID cannot be entered into the database table more than once or code to handle duplicate entries.

Has anyone else run into this problem or more importantly, have they found a solution to the problem?

Thanks!
X-Payments 3