View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 02:43 PM

eXpert

Hi jon,

you are saying since it chanes some core code, every time someone upgrades their x-cart it would effect the installation?

Also in your mod how do you deal with gift certificates. Lets say i choose to pay with a gift certifcate but when i submit my order my gift certificate does not cover my total balance. What happens in this scenario?

Another alternative for checkout which i just thought of, but im sure will have many of the same "core changing problems" is the following:

after they enter their address info,
the next screen "payment"
has select payment method on the left(with radio buttons for choices) and the center has the details for that method.So initially if you have credit card selected the center area would have the credit card forms.
If they select gift certifcate the center area would have a very short description of their order ( say their total.. just so they can see their giftcretificate is applied and how much they still owe if any)and place to enter gift certifcate code
and when they apply the code it gets deducted right there. if it covers their balance the other radio buttons should become inactive- they can go to the next step or if not they can select another radio button/option if it does not cover their total balance.

then their is just one continue button
which when they click
it goes to "review order"
which has their addresses, summary of the payment method they chose in the previous step
items in their cartsummary of the items in their shopping cart.

then just one big button submit order

Just a thought

Anyway with the previous scenario how much work do you think would be involved in implementing.
Is this a "mission impossible" type of task