Thread: Flyout menus?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 05:02 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Flyout menus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
fabricmartfabrics is a ROCKETSHIP. Can you share their server specs (dedicated, cloud, CDN?)
Yes, yes it is. I designed this site from the ground up, and I took every care in making it fast and efficient. I was able to work with their team on a weekly basis for almost 2 years. It is quite custom. But I need to place the credit for the speed where it is due, EWD. Emerson put us on one of his SSD dedicated servers, and the speed increase was phenomenal. No cloud, No CDN.

Vort by comparison is on Amazon Web Services and uses the cloud. Again the site is optimized, but not even 1/10th as much as Fabric Mart. Just proves that good code on a good server can beat expensive and complicated CDN setups. I think the server that EWD offers is in the $300 a month range, high traffic sites need to get one.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.