View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 04:07 PM

X-Guru

Default X-Payments Pop-up help window - 1995 interface

Dear Alex and X-Payments team:

re: X-Payments iFrame (vers 1.0.5 and 1.0.6)

The pop-up window for the CVV2 "help popup/question mark icon" is a throwback to 1995.

1. The window opens in the far upper left corner, regardless of computer screen size or browser window size;

2. The window is a html window, complete with a Title Bar is named, "X-Payments", and an address bar that is the address of the help file - which gives the customer the full path to the x-payments application -- is that a good thing? I surely don't want my customers to see this -- combined, these two items take the user away from the branded store, and into X-Payments land.

You can change the html title (do this at your own risk)

file:
<xpdirectory>/lib/XPay/Skin/Payment/Popup.php

find:
<title><?php $this('Label_Text')->write('X-Payments'); ?></title>
Edit your pop-up title. I called mine, "Card Security Code Help"

BUT that's not enough -- the address bar shows the complete path to XP -- this should NEVER be visible to a customer.

WHAT IT SHOULD BE:

1. Same content, colorbox or other jquery popup, title of the page for metatag purposes is: "Card Security Code Help" (even though no title is really needed for this since it's a help popup). This popup should be an iframe colorbox, centered on the display.

2. the XP iFrame input field description needs to be changed as well. CVV2 says, "I'm a geek". "Card security code" is not. I got tired of poking around. Is this a variable stored in the database? I couldn't find it. Anyone know where it lives?

This is minor and cosmetic, but there are 1000 minor cosmetic edits that will make this better. The popup is so 1995 right now.