View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:54 PM

Default Re: X-Cart 4.2 beta testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Speed
I see your point and agree that member groups could be a cool feature.

One of my problems with the current member setup is that you cannot select multiple memberships in such a way as to allow non logged in to see a category but once a member level is logged in they can no longer see that category.

Say I have a clearance category.

With these memberlevels for my store.
Premier
Wholesale

I don't want wholesale to have access to the clearance section when they are logged in.

Right now I do this by manually creating all my side nav links and putting if/else memberlevel code around the clearance link. This is a half a$$ed way to do this as it doesn't handle products put in the cart from that category before login.
Right and I cannot see this would be so hard to implement, basically the same thing as been done with Products, Categories etc. a new table xcart_customer_memberships and store the memberships there in a true relational way, the rest of the code is more or less in place as this been implemented for Products, Categories and Discounts. Then instead of a simple varible with the customer membership to chaeck agains, an array is used. I think it would be pretty straith forward, a great improvement and not too much of a change or bug prone.

Xcart please this would be sooo cool - should I make this a 'bug'?