View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 03:19 PM

X-Adept

Not sure about all other improvements and/or fixes that have been incorporated into this RC1 release, but I have to say that I am VERY DISAPPOINTED to see it still requires the customer to use a seprate login ID from their email address. Additionally, not much has been done to streamline the checkout process from the previous Beta 2 release. It still require too many steps & screen loading to complete the order. The "shipping & payment" page still has not been consolidated together with the final "Place order" page.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. It doesn't matter how great or feature rich the shopping cart is, it's worthless if the checkout process is not optimized. Not sure what it would take to get this point across to X-Cart. We don't need any more new and cool features. We just need all of these basic functions streamlined first.

All that being said, thank you for all of your hard work, it is greatly appreciated!!!

-Tuan

svowl: Can you please do us a huge favor? We would like to know which requests and/or issues mentioned from the previous Beta 2 thread have been been addressed with this RC1 release. THANK YOU.

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=25220