View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Importing Products Automatically

In the "Configuring your server to run scheduled X-Cart tasks" page (http://kb.x-cart.com/pages/viewpage....pageId=7504112), it says:

Some X-Cart's features require periodic execution of the script console.php located in the X-Cart root. Running this script is used to trigger the execution of miscellaneous service and maintenance tasks, including, but not limited to:
  • the periodic execution of event tasks (i.e. tasks that are launched on event; examples of such tasks are exporting and importing of data from/into X-Cart);
This led me to believe that importing data was already part of the cron task. When I ran php console.php --target=cron, it did not automatically import my products.csv file. When I did the import function manually, it processed the file. I did not have to upload the file using the Browse button.

According to Mike, importing products is not done automatically as part of the cron task.

I believe that I have solved my problem by writing a script that imports the products. Everything seems correct.