View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 01:52 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Pricing changes once v4.4 comes out

QT, with the fact that everyone so far has responded by saying its still a bargain, don't you think your pricing is still too cheap?

I mean considering x-cart is arguable a market leader, looking at the competition x-cart is way way cheaper.
I accept pricing must play a part in x-cart's market position but I think you could push the price nearer the $400 mark.

And before anyone tells me to be quiet, the reason I'd be keen for QT to be making more $ is so that development could improve. Personally I think X-cart development is way too slow. X-cart 5.0 is late and I can see it, like 4.x falling behind current trends in cart technology unless development up's pace.

Another area I feel QT has wrong in their business model is the free updates for life policy. Perhaps updates such as 4.3 to 4.4 should be free but I'm sure if you tagged a minor $20-30 charge even on those most wouldn't grumble. But as for major updates from say 4.x to 5.0 you could easily ask for 50% upgrade charge.

One area I don't want to see pricing changed is in your support charges. I think you have that just right and its arguable the no.1 reason why I have not jumped ship.