View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 04:51 AM

X-Man

Default Third Party Mods - List of Vendors - My Suggestions

We are mid of 2012 and the list of 3rd party vendors needs an update. Here it is:

- WebsiteCM
- CFLsystems
- X-Cart
- MagneticOne
- Alteredcart
- BCSEngineering
- FireTank
- Cartonsteroids
- Xcartmods
- MercuryMinds
- KosmosCentral
- 7dana
- MagicToolBox
- Xcart Store
- RubyMods
- ARSCommunity
- XCartSolutions
- IsayFilters

If I missed one please accept my apologies. Just add it to this thread.

Now my suggestions:

1) All these vendors should sell their products on one common platform. Prestashop has one, Magento too, why not XC? I would like to see all vendors working and offering products together. The best place is the Market place on QT website (http://marketplace.x-cart.com/addons-modules/). A few already did this and I appreciate, but we should go further for a all vendors and having a shopping cart (one place to order).

2) Having all vendors together will help anyone to customize easy XC, not only searching the Internet or inside Forum. In that moment with lots of modules they can evaluate how much costs a specific solution. Also this helps to take decision if XC is the right solution for those who only evaluate XC. Vendors could ask questions. Also we will have the list of active developers (who knows in the past a lot of 3rd party developers disappeared leaving customers with no technical support).

3) Having all vendors together it is an elegant way to see updates to their solutions in real time in one place. I will go further with categories for market place. If you need a filtering module you should find it easy (for Product Page, for Home page, ...). Market place should have a filtering way once the number of vendors is fulfill.

These are only of few of my suggestions to improve XC development and marketing. We will help QT, Vendors and all how already like XC or would like to buy a license.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com