View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 05:56 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Gdpr - upcoming law for European merchants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A Racing
...but do have a quick look at the sequence of failures involved in the McDonalds legal case on cup warnings about hot content...

After so many years of life experience I still can't wrap my mind around something like this.
You order coffee, it comes in a cup, you know it is hot.
It is in the nature of any living organism to protect itself. People have brains and can think (or can they?). Put 2 and 2 together and think about the hot coffee in the cup.

Do you really need a warning written on the cup to tell you that the content is hot and may burn you? A 5-year old that have never seen a hot stove before may and probably will want to touch it. But a grown person acting like a child?

I agree with ITVV - it is your responsibility to provide proper info or whatever is needed. The software platform can help by giving you the tools or some generic element/page but at the end it is the merchant that is responsible.

And unfortunately not knowing the law is not an excuse for not following/obeying it... People are so used to rely on something/someone else to do everything for them.