View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 04:10 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Cart v4.1.10 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by spingary
I wonder if your hosting provider has mod_security running. Whenever I get 500 Internal Errors I suspect mod_security first. Find out if it's running on your Apache server. If it is, see if you can get them to disable it, at least until you upgrade process if completed, then re-enable it.

Sometimes, errors that occur during script execution trips mod_security's alerts and it intercepts it with a 500 Error. Once disabled, you can at least see some meaningful error messages.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot! I solved the problem except a couple of files need to be upgraded manually.

Another question raised from this upgrade. What should I do after the upgrade? Are those patch files automatically deleted after the upgrade or should I delete them manually? Should I also change the file permission back to 644 for each patched file or the upgrade package have done it automatically? Or the host server has done it automatically?

Can I apply the mod_Security program to my store if my store host server does not have it installed?