View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:02 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Pop-up Anywhere module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
Having a rather interesting problem with this mod. My shop is based on the Japanese yen. I have the multi-currency mod installed. The Japanese yen does not have a decimal mark on it's prices. If I want to give a fixed discount of say, ╔200 yen, it will not accept the "╔" mark as valid and returns a blank field. It will only accept the "$" mark despite my cart currency being in Japanese yen. Likewise, it won't accept just "200" or "200.00". If I put $2 (approximate equivalent of ╔200 yen), I believe when the discount is given it will only give ╔2 instead of ╔200. So how can I make this discount fixed at ╔200? It won't accept that yen symbol.

Kevin, thank you for informing me about this issue.

The issue is related to vizualization of the coupon discount, the coupon is generated with the right discount.
I've applied the changes to 'skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/predefined/social_plugin.tpl' to fix the issue, the updated version is attached.

Please, note, the '$' sign on the popup settings page in admin area is required to specify that it's 'absolute' discount. It's not possible to define absolute discount in any certain currency. The coupon is generated in primary currency of the store.

Please, follow this instruction to fix the issue on your store:
1. Upload modified file 'social_plugin.tpl' to <xcart_dir>/skin/common_files/modules/Popup_Anywhere/predefined/ directory.
2. Specify coupon discount as '$200' if yen is your primary currency or as '$2' if USD is your primary currency.

I've tested modified file on my dev installation X-Cart 4.5.5 Gold Plus (X-Multicurrency is enabled) with 'Yen' as primary currency. Coupon discount for Facebook Like is specified as '$200'. Pop-up shows me the following text:
1. If 'USD' is choosen in customer area:
"JOIN US ON FACEBOOK AND ENJOY $2.00 OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER"
2. If 'Yen' is choosen in customer area:
"JOIN US ON FACEBOOK AND ENJOY ╔200.00 OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER"

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Attached Files
File Type: tpl social_plugin.tpl (1.4 KB, 0 views)

The "Advanced Customer Reviews", "Root Categories" and "Pop-up Anywhere" author