View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 08:56 AM

X-Adept

Default Thumbnails in Upselling Table

I got this idea from the way the best sellers works when it is in the main section not in a side menu.

The original template for upselling lists the product with the product ID#. We do not use that number and in most cases this means nothing to the customer. So I decided to take out the ID# and replace it with a small thumbnail. Here is an example:
http://www.kennedyhardware.com/menu.JPG

So here is the changes to the /mycart/skin1/modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.tpl
Code:
{* $Id: related_products.tpl,v 1.15 2005/12/07 14:07:32 max Exp $ *} {if $product_links ne ""} {capture name=dialog} <table cellspacing="5"> {section name=cat_num loop=$product_links} <tr class="ItemsList"> <td width="1%">{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product_links[cat_num].productid image_x=25 product=$product_links[cat_num].productid}</td> <td width="99%"><a href="product.php?productid={ $product_links[cat_num].productid }"{if $config.Upselling_Products.upselling_new_window eq 'Y'} target="_blank"{/if} class="ItemsList">{$product_links[cat_num].product}</a></td> </tr> {/section} </table> {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_related_products content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra='width="100%"'} {/if}

I am trying to do the same for recommends.tpl but for some reason I cannot get it to work. If someone want to help out I can post the template I have so far.