View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:38 AM

Default Changing the Javascript window size for Terms and Conditions

Thank you ahead of time for your help!

Situation: I need the Terms and Conditions overlay and the Privacy Statement to open in a 600px wide window, instead of a 800px wide window.

What I know and have done:
1. I already know that this window is called by the file skin/theme-name/modules/One_Page_Checkout/opc_summary/tpl file
2. I already know that the calling code is "{$lng.txt_terms_and_conditions_note|substitute:"t erms_url":"`$xcart_web_dir`/pages.php?alias=conditions":"privacy_url":"`$xcart _web_dir`/pages.php?alias=business"}"
3. I already know that there is an entry (named txt_terms_and_conditions_note) in the xcart_languages table of the database.
4. I have already changed that entry to 600px because there doesn't seem to be any place to make that change in the user-unfriendly dashboard for X-cart.
5. I have already cleared the cache on the system and on my browser.

I would appreciate any clues. I will be using this user interface issue as a class example in my class on Monday. I can show a positive solution to the issue, or I can show it as an example that my students should stay clear of X-cart. I apologize for my semi-hostile statements, but it really shouldn't be this difficult. User Interface is a basic design element, not an "if we get around to it" option.