View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:47 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Rich Google Search Results module released

Here's the reason for the duplicate content:

IN the patch file:
/x-rich-gsearch-results.patches/skin/books_and_magazines/customer/main/product.tpl.patch

FIND:
Code:
@@ -79,6 +84,9 @@ {capture name=dialog} {$product.fulldescr|default:$product.descr} + {if $active_modules.Rich_Google_Search_Results} + {include file="modules/Rich_Google_Search_Results/description.tpl" content=$product.fulldescr|default:$product.descr} + {/if} {/capture} {include file="customer/dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_description content=$smarty.capture.dialog}

This displays the {$product.fulldescr|default:$product.descr}, then it displays the same thing from the module.

The code should look like this:

Code:
{capture name=dialog} {if $active_modules.Rich_Google_Search_Results} {include file="modules/Rich_Google_Search_Results/description.tpl" content=$product.fulldescr|default:$product.descr} {else} {$product.fulldescr|default:$product.descr} {/if} {/capture}

(add the else and move the default description include)

There still is the issue of the stray html... this is NOT a defect in my patch, it's an issue in modules/Rich_Google_Search_Results/description.tpl -- please stand by, I will fix this for you.

Are you certain you tested this before you released it?

Alexander, you see - if your installer was more generic and didn't try to be everything to everyone, it would have been very obvious that there should only be a single call for the full description.

I don't like paying for software then having to not only report the bugs, fix them myself. You could have spotted this in a heartbeat too.