View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 11:40 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart and PCI-DSS / PA-DSS compliance

Thanks for the information!

If so, I guess it is allowed to install X-Payments on the same server with X-Cart provided the shared server satisfies the requirements listed in Appendix A.

As far as I understand, it will put all web applications installed on the server into PCI DSS scope. So, you will have to satisfy the requirements listed under "Requirement 6: Develop and maintain secure systems and applications" section:
  1. Ensure that all system components and software have the latest vendor-supplied security patches installed. Install critical security patches
  2. Establish a process to identify newly discovered security vulnerabilities (for example, subscribe to alert services freely available on the Internet)
  3. Develop software applications in accordance with PCI DSS (for example,
    secure authentication and logging) and based on industry best practices, and
    incorporate information security throughout the software development life cycle
  4. Follow change control procedures for all changes to system components
  5. Develop all web applications (internal and external, and including web administrative access to application) based on secure coding guidelines such as the Open Web ApplicatioN Security Project Guide
  6. For public-facing web applications, address new threats and vulnerabilities on an ongoing basis and ensure these applications are protected against known attacks by either of the following methods:
    • Reviewing public-facing web applications via manual or automated application vulnerability security assessment tools or methods, at least annually and after any changes
    • Installing a web-application firewall in front of public-facing web applications
I believe the 3rd and the 5th requirements apply to all custom modifications to X-Cart and other web applications installed on the server.