View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Getting error when migrate data

We are having a nightmare migrating. Ive asked xcart about doing it but I think they are busy. Can anyone offer a service to do it for us? We want it done really quickly. Heres what I wrote in the other forum -

We have been trying for several days using the migration tool to migrate our data to xcart 5 (Business with variants add ons & shop by brand add on) from xcart (gold) 4.1.8 & it just isnt working.

Firstly the migration time is HOURS. Over 8 hours, usually closer to 20. Thats not normal surely? Even exporting/importing spreadsheets seems to take forever. But its the data itself Im really having problems with, specifically the variants & modifiers. Currently we only have a tiny handful of products we have applied variants to, usually we use modifiers (which we are changing to variants once we switch). We have around 3500 products with modifier menus, some have up to 6 menus. Xcart 4 of course only uses LOCAL variant/modifier menus & so we will need to keep these as local changing them one by one as we set up the new system.

So, either the menus dont get carried across at all OR they end up in global attributes (with no name on them so we have no idea what they are). That gave me over 2000 global attributes which we have deleted but given we have tried this import on numerous ocassions & got the same result I dont think it will work.

It also doesnt carry the manufacturers name across (the brand is a BIG part of our products). It seems manufacturer (brand) is now an attribute. We also have an extra field for designer which isnt being imported.

All of this is nothing but a huge headache. Why does a 'simple' importer that supposedly works in minutes simply not work? We cant possibly set up over 3000 products with new menus just because xcart cant import the data.