View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 06:20 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: $cat.category..........desc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
You are trying to list more then one category - currect_category is just what it says and applies to currect category you are in and is only one category. This {foreach from=$current_category item=cat} will list individual properties under currect category and nothing else. Not sure yet where are you trying all of this and what variable are available. Try this
{foreach from=$categories key=c item=i}
$i.category : $i.description
{/foreach}
but looking at your debug file attached here you still don't have description included in categories arrays. You need to edit php file and include it

Oh sorry about that, it's on the home_list.tpl which loads up in the home page. Ashley has the code working on his website.

The debug file attached is when you go into the category which is where the variable was original taken from and is working. But it doesn't work in home_list.tpl

Very sorry about that confusion.

---
Update
---

I tried changing the code you mentioned. What php did you think I should edit and include.

When I changed the code I realized it was also pulling up another variable and displaying it. Which was Category.

So that's neat, it can display the ID and the Category as well. But not the description? How do we make the array begin from Current_Category?
Attached Files
File Type: tpl home_list.tpl (6.4 KB, 85 views)

Version
X-Cart 4.1.108

Add-ons
X-AOM (Advanced Order Management)
Ad / Banner X-cart Mod (BCSE)
DSEFU
Dynamic Image Mod
Pre-login Shipping Calculator
Power Filter
Contact Us Form
Shipping Carrier Mod
Submit Button

Send me a message, I can talk about anything.