View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 01:26 AM

eXpert

Default Blog System: Include an image in the home page section

Hi all

I am using the XC Blog System plugin for WordPress, which displays excerpts of the latest blog posts on my home page.

By default, those posts are displayed in a fairly unattractive manner, so to try and jazz it up a little, so I have created a module and AWidget.php file with a version of the getHTMLContentWidget() function. Because of the way this function displays the posts, I don't believe it is possible to do what I want through CSS alone.

Although my design skills are a bit rubbish, my module seems to be working, and I can modify the display of posts as I see fit through this function backed up with CSS.

I would like to include the post image in this display too, but as far as I am aware, the image is not available by default. There is certainly no reference to it in the function I am tinkering with, and I don't know how to get it, but I assume it is not part of the data query for the posts.

If you have done this already, or you happen to know how it can be done, can you give me some pointers? I can muddle through most things once I have a basic understanding, but I am not a php programmer. Keeping it simple would be extremely helpful.

Many thanks

Welly

www.traininglines.co.uk